Saturday, August 18, 2007

Chicks in IIT

My last post (see below) had too many punctuation marks. Avoiding commas is the most difificult thing for me to do, see? Damn, two popped up, and i couldn't stop them. Three. And a three full-stops, a question mark is a full-stop too (did you know? ) . Its hard when you have to analyse a changing system, especially from within the system. Thats why its hard for us to analyse the brain, when does analysis end and mirroring start?. Why the hell is all this is a post titled "Chicks in IIT"?

I have no idea.

The last three days have been extremely eventful. I fell of a bicycle (yes, a bicycle) and got a nurse to play seamstress on my chin. And the bloddy wound doesn't seem to dry :( . This brought an unexpected "advantage" to me. Sympathy. As much as i hate to admit it, girls seem to take special interest in the sick and the miserable. Its a good thing (thanks for the coconuts and juice, megha and vandy!) but to a quiet guy like me, its a little off-putting. Disconcerting is too strong a word.

And girls i've never spoken to, told me that they wouldn't mind having me around in this world for another couple of years (thats how long it'll take me to get an MBA, hopefully) . All this for a scratch on the chin.

What about chicks in IIT?.. not yet, patience.

Patients , in BC Roy Tech Hospital: I went to a doc a few days ago, and related in tragic detail a blow-by-blow account of my "accident", at the end of which she said "So?". I was shocked, here is a guy, with a huge cotton pad strapped to the chin, so obviously miserable, and all the doc manages to say is "So?". There are some questions to which answers dont exist, or are too apparent to be verbalized.

As i sat there is shocked incomprehension, the doc pitying the obvious lack of clarity of thought, wrote three incomprehensible lines on paper. These lines had certain numbers at the end, a circled two and a bold three, and other permutations of numbers under four. The dispenser gave me three types of tablets and muttered complicated instructions in bengali.

the dressing fell out the same day, and i bought my own gauze and tape and fixed myself. About the chicks, yeah they are surprisingly cute.

3 comments:

Sthiramathi aka Seizonsha said...

Misleading man! Really "miss" leading post alrite! ;-)
Nevertheless, a good post man..For misleading is better than miss leading :D

'Seen Around' said...

off-putting? disconcerting?? ...haha.. dude, think u just lost out on all the sympathy of the gals to come in the next two yrs;-)

gsk said...

megha and vandy? ur pet names for medha and vandita by any chance? :X